Wednesday 31 August 2011

Browning Z9 - Honest Review time.

Hi Folks,


So i have had my Z9 around the 6 month mark now and thought it was about time to give it a proper review, seen a few knocking about on the forums but nothing in depth .

So here goes, First of all, I paid £2300 for the 18m Package, Which included:


  1. Standard Package
  2. 11 Top 2's (Including Puller kits)
  3. 2 Small extensions.
  4. Extension to 18m
  5. Cupping kit
  6. Short No.4
  7. 2 x Spare No.4
  8. Large holdall, Large carryall and a small rod bag.
My first observation when i first started using the pole was how good the pulla kits were. I think they are the best on the market for strength and practicality. They have a simple 2 whole set up....

See how easy it is to pull. Its alot easier on the cold days too! The rings are reinforced and wont rub on your elastic due to a smooth metal exterior the section of the puller is also reinforced carbon and its pretty strong.

The kits are able to support 14 Solid and 20H in my eyes. I have elastics ranging from 4 - 8 solid & 11h - 19h it handles them all well.

So to the important stuff,

The pole its self is very light and also very stiff. It weighs a tiny 1330g @16m the lightest on the market i believe and it doesn't lack on strength either.

Lengh/dip ....



Pole @ 13m

Pole @ 14.5m

Pole @ 16m

As you will see, there really is minimal drop and dip in the pole. Its as stiff as they come. I will point out that once you put the 18m section on it does dip considerably  but it is still fairly easy to fish @ 18m for a 6 hour match.

Its got a really good finish with the pole and the minimal graphics give it a nice smooth finish and smart appearance...

I have had carp up to the 18lb mark from the margins under my feet and the whole pole has performed well. Its a stiff pole with a thorough through action, which will help prevent breaks...

Heres a few pictures of the action whilst fish playing...






All the above are from a recent field test @ Sycamore lakes -  http://www.sycamorelakes.co.uk/ one of the bets paste venues!

Now for a party trick from my browning Z9...Can you do this with your pole?


One Handed!

Can you do this with your 16m pole and look up it? A good test for any pole i think!

Evaluation.

So over all, the Browning Z9 is the best pole i have ever owned. I have had the Tourney Pro and most of Maps top end poles and they all out fish them all. I have field tested a few for a local tackle shop and my opinion still stands with the Z9 its responsive and not to stiff like some of the competitors poles. It'll handle 20lb carp and 1g roach easily.

If you want a pole that'll do all the above....my opinion is, go and have a look at a Z9.

Cheers,


Nathan