Sunday 28 August 2011

Info On Tuition

My tuition days include a range of things on nearly all baits and tactics focusing on catching the species of fish which you'll most likely to be targeting.

My main customer base is concentrated around Club anglers wanting to go the next step to Open Matches and Open Match anglers just wanting to refresh any skills and/or learning new methods which may have just come to light. All in all its for people who want to catch more fish!

I cover all areas of fishing and all methods, here is a breakdown;

Pole Wise: I can give help and tuition for rig components, shotting patterns, different sizes of floats and how to use them, how to plumb a swim correctly and feature finding and over all just iron out any issues you may have. I normally have a couple of examples of rigs which i am happy for people to duplicate or even have for free if it helps them. Pole handling and Feeding patterns are also covered heavily, as well as learning how to approach and reading a swim correctly. I find what trips people up the most are their feeding patterns ( too much or too less ) and their end tackle such as Line and shotting patterns so understandably this is where most of the time will be spent.

Feeder/Bomb Fishing: As well as basic rig components. I will cover heavily different feeders and what suits different situations. Casting ability is most often booked for the feeder as a lot of people struggle with accuracy given a couple of lessons I'm sure i'd have you going into around the 2m Sqaure area at the least! As well as all above mentioned i will venture into bomb fishing and the pros and cons of it. Its most often than not the decision to fish an individual feeder which will slip you up on matches. Ground bait mixtures are very heavily touched upon as the the ways of mixing and the different components which i find make a better days fishing.

Waggler/Floar: All the basics from when and why to use different types of floats and wagglers including the different materials in the bodies and tips. Not so much booked for this unless its the height of summer so obviously covers a lot of surface fishing techniques as well as up in the water. Also covered is the lift method and other methods used to catching on the hard Natural venues.




All in all  you will only learn what you want too. I wont waste your time teaching you something you already no or dont want to know. Its basically all down to my customers needs. If there if a selective field you would like to work on such as Pole, Feeder, waggler etc or you would just like to learn abit more in depth in all, that it is not a problem. As i say above. I'll always ask before you book anyway. I tutor on a range of baits from Maggots, caster and worm, meat and hemp and more often than not people ask me for help with Paste fishing.

In general the days normally works out around this schedule, but it is not limited to this, it is merely just a guide:

1st 30 mins - I watch you and see 'where' you are within angling ability wise. This basically gives me an oppurtunity to see you from a peg point and watch which areas may or may not need improvement.

2nd 30 mins - Normally alot LESS but i would, in general use this time to point out the things which i think you may be able to improve upon. This is the time where we would discuss what is best for you to progress as an angler. Generally this time is used to go through the rigs which i will show you on the day and explain why i have made them the way i have and show you how too.

3 Hours fishing - I would then let you fish for 3 hours, with me by your side. I will give you coaching from a peg point and openly tell you what you could do to improve your catch rate. I will make sure you understand everything. I will watch you progress and keep you on course throughout the day. We could cover anything you wish during the day. But just incase your not one to ask questions, i explain everything thoroughly and most importantly i explain how and WHY i do the changes i do throughout the day, afterall i can teach you every method under the sun - but if you dont know when or why i make these changes then what is the point? So once again i make sure everything is clear to you.

Spectating for an Hour - More often than not, i invite my customer to spectate for an hour or less, basically to see it from another point of view. This is where this gives you a very good oppurtunity to ask "When", "Why" and "How" and i am happy to help. It would be your oppurtunity to learn good practice in shipping back poles, casting and baiting techniques.

Rest of the day fishing - I will then watch you for the rest of the day and see how well you implement all the new methods and skills used. As not everyone is einstein, i understand that people may take time to learn things, which is why i will be patient and fair and make sure you understand EVERYTHING.

I'm a fair and realistic person, i will spend as much time as you want on the agreed date and wont rush off at all. Its this attitude that has seen my customers come back time and time again and i have pretty much gained work by word of mouth.

Area wise. I do tend to stick around the Yorkshire and East Midlands area. My main areas of operation is Hallcroft, Heyfield, Ranksill and Clear water. Although i do go further a field. Most methods work on all venues so its purely down to the customer if he has any preference but if i do go further than 20 miles i will have to charge fuel (My only expense). Which is why i do prefer Hallcroft @ Retford for tuition, mainly as it hold every species of fish your likely to catch, it can be fished on all sorts of methods using all sorts of bait. So its ideal to furthering any fishermans skills. The tuition wont just finish once you leave the bank. I will be on hand anytime you need to clear things up, just the other end of the phone.

About me?

Well i have been a professional fisherman (Meaning earning a living from winning matches) for the past 5 years and i have been doing angling coaching and tuition for 4 years. I am fully insured. I have won various tournaments based around the Nationals in various divisions as well as being a sponsored angler.

The only difference from tuition in the summer and tuition in the winter is time line and cost. I split this up by simply charging differenct rates for 2 halfs of the year which are:

From October to March - £100 a Session. This based on From light to dark. (8am - 5pm normally, but i am happy to stick around if you want. The session only ends when you want to, i am normally happy to stick around and have a coffee and discuss further any questions you may have).

From March to October - £150 a session. This too is based from light to dark and i would happily stay until 9-10pm.

I am at present doing 2 days for £180 in January


07977664224 or Email Fish4Thought@Instruction.com




Words from a selection people who have had Tuition from September to December 2011....


Kevin S:
I've just had a days tuition with Nathan at hallcroft fishery and can't reccomend him highly enough. He's taught me how to fish two methods I've had no success with at all up to now. Showing me what to do, and more importantly the reasons behind doing things a certain way. He answered all of my questions (and there were a lot) in depth. He covered everything including bait, tackle, where to fish and how to find features. He's a nice guy and easy to get on with, and I'd have no hesitation in recommending him to others, and I'm sure I'll book him again sometime. Luckily I have a chance to put my lessons in to practice tomorrow, in an open match. The proof will be in the pudding!

Recent Correspondence with Kevin:

Hi Nathan, 
Fished the open at lindholme today. Weighed in 72lb,  beat the anglers either side of me and beat my two mates who fished and finished 2nd! Caught half on worm and caster and half on pellet, I used the same feeding pattern for both, and instead of my peg getting weaker which usually happens I kept the fish coming all day. I did start to get a few perch at one point but added a couple more casters an they disappeared. Tried paste but only had 1 f1 about a pound. All in all a very good day. Thanks again for yesterday.

Martin H:
Nathan,
Thanks for a very good days fishing today. I have learnt a considerable amount of skills from you in a short period booked. It wasn't major things which i were doing wrong but its something that made a difference to my fishing a considerable one at that!
Thanks again.

James P:
Had a couple of days with him now and he really seems to know his stuff. Didn't even know I was doing some things the wrong way but he took the time to explain to me the theory and why. My paste and feeder fishing has definately improved and I'll likely be booking him again later on when I have the time