Friday 2 September 2011

Hallcroft, Canal Pond

Alright folks,

Just got back from a very good days fishing over at Hallcroft, Canal pond.

I'll tell you what give that pond a few years and it'll be chucking out some good weights in matches. I was catching from the word go on my Paste set up. Caught from all over the lake but never tried the far bank )I already knew that worked) i had been catching on the far bank on my previous visits so i thought i would change tact a bit. I opted for a margin and 4m line only today. Constantly caught on my 4m line but i chose to rest my swim then i consistently caught on the Margin! Literally 1 ft away from my feet. Carp came out up to around 6lb. Had around the 400 pound mark of carp average being around 2-3lb mark.

In fact i only came home because i used 5 bags of Swimstim! I tried to catch on meat and corn after running out but it didnt work. Even soaked a few pellets to made some slob but that didn't work either :(.

You know when you have had a good day when this....


Turns the top kits into this...



Messy stuff! I also looked like a fat version of the hulk.

I must say though, what an awesome little strip canal is. I use it to field test all new baits etc. Its also very good fun with a 11h elastic in and not to heavy gear.

Well, i'll be off bream fishing on Saturday, i'll make sure to have my result on here for you.

See you soon.

Nathan