Thursday 8 September 2011

What Size Elastic?

Alright Folks,

So i have just finished cleaning all my Top 2's and sections off (Paste gets very dirty) and i just thought i would give you quick post on what size elastics i use for individual areas.



First of all. I always have spares. I have 3 of all the above. Its good to know your prepared if anything happens. I personally only use hollo for carp venues and i only use Preston Hollo is the sizes from 11h - 19h.
11h is just about big enough for F1's if you want a bit of fun, but for the 2 - 5lb mark i'd opt for the 13h (Green - I have had carp to 17lb out on this!).

I'd stick with the rule of 13h - 15h for open water on commercials. (13h for up in the water just for the softness for self hooking).  I generally just use 19h for the margins as i fish a lot of matches, i dont want much of a fight and want to get them in as quick as possible, although i do sometimes use 17h for under my feet fishing or when i am fishing off my top two.

Basically, keep them in good condition and check them for week spots and you will have them for a good while. Try to get a few top 2's so you don't have to keep messing around with rigs, but be weary with the universal ones they can lower your poles reaction speed although they could also improve it on the cheaper models.



Nathan.
@ Fish4Thought