Monday 5 September 2011

Hall Croft, Reed Pool

Hi Folks,

Well you'll be please to know i didn't break any sections to day - All in all i had an extremely good day.

As stated above i fished the Hallcroft Complex once again but this time choosing the Reed Pool.

I had already made my mind up to which lines i would be fishing the night before. I set my mind on:


  1. Feeder to the Island.
  2. Left,Right Margin. (Before the drop of).
  3. 6m Line. 
  4. 12m Line. (Up in water).
Those that are frequent viewers of the site will know that i am mainly a Paste fisherman at the venue and today wasn't any different. I begin on my 6m line not feeding anything as usual (just a large amount of sloppy paste).

After around 10 minutes i had my first fish on. A nice common around 3-4lb mark....

Still not feeding they continued to come through out the day....









As you see, the stamp of fish are mostly averaged around the 5-10lb mark. I had alot around and under the 5lb mark too.

Its was a strange but yet very rewarding day, i didn't have a touch on the tip and nor did i really get the margins going. But i certainly got a couple of Bonus fish from my right margin....

The bigger carp at Hallcroft really stick to the bottom like a dead weight.




Had around 6 or 7 of these nice bream, Nice bonus but not very fun on the margin gear.
Biggest carp of the day, Went to 17lb on th scale. Nice well conditioned leather by the looks of it!
So the evaluation then, all in all in was a brilliant day not only did i catch around 90lb of Weighed fish, but also  200lb which wasn't big enough for individual weighs. The day didn't go entirely smoothly as i got broke off 3 times and also got my 13h elastic snapped but it had some hammer and looked a bit worn. On top of everything which happened today i have also qualified for a Fish for 5k Tournament very soon.

I'll Keep you posted.

Nathan