Tuesday 6 September 2011

Get organised!

Hey Folks,

So there i was just cleaning my box when i decided to help out you guys and maybe come up with some organisation tips for your box & area around it. Yes i know its an aged Preston Box. But i like it, You don't get much storage in the newer ones for my liking. So you feel comfortable during a match. As i always say, this is just my way of doing things...



For Lakes/Commercials...


Commercials can be pretty tight. So its worth just putting your spares top kits and rods to the left rear of your box. It keeps then out of the reeds and/or Margins. I also only ever put kit on my left side so i have a sort of clear walk way from my box. My Landing net then sits tight between to of my bait boxes.

For Rivers/Canals...


Obviously not much difference. If i could get this kind of set up on a commercial peg then i would, its its few and far between. Only one key difference is my rooster kit is going length ways here.

Obviously as i said above, i keep all my gear to my left with one rule and that is that i keep my pole sock to my left. Its on a long foam grip just so its away from my body and it gives me plenty of space, as well as giving a secure place to put my No.4s etc. My keep nets simply clip to the front of my box.

You will notice too that i always keep the last section of my Preston landing net handle on my rooster. Just for abit of insurance! Final tip, Always keep your holdall behind you. Be easier to get bits and bob without moving then.

Wont be fishing until Friday, so unless i make a large batch of rigs for you, i'll see you then.

Nathan
@ Fish4Thought