Wednesday 7 September 2011

Excellent Paste Margin rig.

Alright Folks,

So i am just in the process of making a good few rigs for my big tournament on Friday and i thought i would show you my very basic VERY SHALLOW paste rigs. I have fished this with various methods including with bubble floats and other such round poly balls but this seems to be the best way i have found.

I start off by changing the stem on my float to a much shorter one. (Save the stem instead of chopping. Comes handy later on sometime).

Get your line sorted first. In my opinion i use a 8-9lb direct as the fish in the lower than ft deep regions of water kite off like a steam train, match this to a 17-19H elastic or 16 Solid.

 For my rigs i have used 0.21mm Power line or 8.15lbs in old money, I couple this with a .8g customised Garbo Dc8. Then add a bulk of 4 number 6's, Always easiers going large on a beefed up bagging rig.

I then proceed to put a no.8 or two (dependant on weather) 3 inches away from the hook ( Size 10 Middy T8). I use this number 8 on the deck. To pin the line down. This really does help stop spooked fish and will no doubt help in reducing liners and bringing in a higher catch rate. I have even gone up to 1ft over depth in some instances.




This is how it acts in the water. Its a very good Method. I used to use it a lot in the opens at Wisby Garden Centre and won a good few matches with it. Its like any method. It has to have the right swim for it, I wouldn't go much deeper than a ft or 1.5 with this rig, but i guarantee you can go as shallow as you like.

Try it out, It'll get you some decent lumps!

Nathan,
@ Fish4Thought