Wednesday 28 September 2011

Ant Baits Review Part 2 - Lucys Lake - Hayfield Lakes, Doncaster

Hi Folks,

So i thought i would give my old fav venue a try for a couple of hours during the week and so i decided to topple out a few barrel pellets on the tip on Lucys Lake (Dannis Island) just to test the Ant bait products i had been sent further.

First of all a Nate classic of the adapted Drennan groundbait feeder set up, (Not giving this away yet!). Matched to a hair rigged Ant baits barrel pellet. I decided to fish this with a 6 inch hook length.

I had spoken to Rob at the kiosk prior to fishing and i got a feeling that the fishing was best casting halfway to the island from the back. I did opt for the rear of the island but i actually went my own way, I was fishing a peg which had a view straight on to the corner (My Fav Peg)....


The day was very miserable, constant rain through out the day and we have had some showers or recent times so i opted to cast right up to the island.

Well, the result were pretty good after around 4 hours. I had 8 Carp over 10lb and masses of carp around the 1lb/2lb mark. I found the bait worked very well overall - once again. Its very tough bait, it'll stay on during a powerful cast and it also makes a great bait used with artificial baits as a snowman.

Biggest one Top 15lb bottom 16lb.



Evaluation.

*****

The bait performed well today, i didnt have very high expectations during this field test but it surprised me. I will continue to update on my field testing for another 4 weeks. I reckon a good testing is in order on several different  venues.

Keep In touch!

Nate @ Fish4Thought