Thursday 8 September 2011

Langold Lake, Pegs for Late summer.

Hello People,

So i have had a few people contact me now regarding best places to fish for the Bream at langold at this time of year, so i thought while i was out with the dog i would take a few pictures and drop a few hints as to where to fish. I'm not going to touch on methods on this post as if you back date it'll all be there. If you need a closer look click on the image and it will pop up in a bigger window...Enjoy.

I would just tackle this peg with a feeder. Any small/medium ground bait feeder approach would work. I use a simply loop to loop with my set up. Feel around when casting to find clear spots. You want to be ideally on the ledge and not over it around 40 Yards maybe a little less. I recommend a light tip with 4lb Maxima - 2lb Powerline and a B911 14 barb.



Main weed bed between 13 - 16m. Only a very short one in width but it goes down the length of the lake. Best results for me have came between them both. You do sometimes have problems with Perch but just feed plenty of Casters. I Personally go for No.6 Solid Elastic paired with 4lb Powerline - 2lb Powerline hook link with a b911 16 barb. 



There is a few methods that would work here. Its normally a pole/waggler peg for the Tench and Bream, as it is raked and dredged fairly frequently but i would totally dismiss the feeder. Going along the same lines as Peg 62 with distance and set up, but i would choose to chuck slight to the right. Pole/waggler wise, expect very shallow water.

I normally go straight on the attack to the 13m Line here on just off the second ledge. Late on or early morning is worth trying between the two weed beds, but they are so close together to struggle to present a bait right. Any one of the ledges will fish well but ideally on all pegs of the lake you are looking for 6ft of water MAX at present.


I feel that this is one of the best pegs of them all. As you will see there is several Lines, mostly weed free because of the depth. I personally opt for the middle left around the 5-7ft region. on about an 8m Line. I havn't had anything of any special size but the average skimmer is around 1lb or so with some very good roach in too.


So there you have it. 101 on Lake summer pegs. Like i always say, its just my opinion, but these are the pegs i have fished on several occasions and had very good days. Just keep the bait going in and make sure you plumb up well and don't be surprised if you have a pike take a good skimmer!

Have a go, Guarantee you'll catch.

Nathan
@ Fish4Thought